Over the summer, I went on a road trip from Montreal to Western Canada. It took us four days to get to Banff and although I didn’t know what to expect, my jaw dropped as I saw the rocky mountains appear from afar. I found myself speechless in front of the spectacular show that was unfolding before my eyes. It felt like mother nature was claiming its power over humans and was demanding respect in the most beautiful (and imposing) way. So here is a list of 18 things you can do while in the the Rockies:
Spend a day in Canmore, aka the most charming town you will ever visit
Stop at every single coffee shop you’ll come across. I fell in love with them.
2. While in Canmore, try paddle boarding with Bow Valley Stand Up Paddleboarding
3. Go camping… and beware of wildlife
4. Visit Lake Louise…
5. …And take a hike to the Plain Of Six Glaciers Tea House (If you are not afraid of heights!)
6. Take a stroll downtown Banff
7. And have ice cream with creative and delicious flavors at Cows
8. Visit Banff National Park
9. Visit Johnston Canyon
10. Visit Marble Canyon (pure gem.)
11. Camp and hike at Glaciers National Park (and beware of grizzlis)
12. Enjoy the incredible views while you drive
13. Visit Field. Strange but very beautiful.
14. Visit Yoho National Park and…
15. …Takakkaw Falls, one of the highest falls in Canada.
16. The Natural Bridge
17. Visit Emerald Lake and marvel at the clear waters that don’t change whether the sun shines brightly or not.
18. Watch as the sun sets on the mountains
After all of that, you may never want to return home, but that’s okay.