Starting your day off with four or five of your daily servings of fruits and veggies is the best way to fuel up in healthy nutrients that will help you be productive all morning, and stay full until lunchtime.
We have tested and approved four green smoothie recipes, created by some of the best food bloggers on the web and we’re pretty sure you’ll love them too.
All recipes contain:
- Organic Matcha Green Tea. We love adding matcha to our smoothies because it is packed with antioxydants, which are known to help prevent countless diseases, including cancer; and slow cells aging. We particularly like the brand Two Hills Tea, because they’re the first all-organic tea company in North America, they’re known for their bestselling matcha and they travel to every origin to make sure they only select tea from certified organic co-op tea farms. Their products are of highest quality.
- Almond Milk. You can add different liquids in your smoothies: some people like to put soy milk, others prefer coconut water, coconut milk, yogurt or simply water. I like to include almond milk, as it is lower in calories, it is rich in minerals and vitamin E and it doesn’t raise blood sugar. When it comes to choosing a brand for Almond Milk, my go-to brand is So Fresh as we love their wholesome products and the company’s commitment to supporting the health and wellness of their clients and the environment.
Here are Four delicious smoothie recipes:
Spinach, Banana and Matcha Smoothie
Place all ingredients into a blender and process until nice and smooth. Serve immediately.
You can top this with something crunchy; I recommend homemade granola, cacao nibs or bee pollen.
2 Matcha, Date & Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk (we used Unsweetened Almond Milk)
- 1 medium frozen banana peeled.
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon matcha green tea powder cooking grade (we used Two Hills Tea Matcha)
- 2-3 medjool dates / remove the pits. Start with 2 dates and from there decide if you want it more sweet, add another date.
- 1 small squeeze of lemon
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients on a blender and blend.
Pause then pulse, just to make sure the dates are completely blended in.
3. Wild Blueberries Vanilla Matcha Smoothie
Image and recipe by Champagne Nutrition
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse until completely smooth and frothy.
- Divide into two glasses, garnish if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 table spoon almond butter
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 table spoon matcha powder
- 1/2 tea spoon almond extract
- 1 tea spoon honey, agave, or maple syrup
- Place all of the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.