The end of September was pretty much the best time to escape the stress of everyday life, rent a cottage in Charlevoix, and totally disconnect with reality. Yes, we all need that at times and that’s exactly what we did this past weekend. We stayed at what has become our favorite cottage so far, thanks to Hébergement Charlevoix and had the most magical time.
We arrived at the cottage late in the evening; the night had fallen and we couldn’t see the surroundings or the view our temporary home offered. All we could do was marvel at the beauty and immensity of the place. We dropped our bags and went for a tour of the cottage: first striking thing (after being stunned by how beautiful the place was), was the quality of the equipment in the house: from the fridge, to the oven, microwave, the tables, leather sofa, beddings, BBQ, even the babyfoot and every other piece of furniture in the cottage was of highest quality. The cottage was luxurious but also incredibly cozy and comfy. We went grocery shopping and came back; opened a bottle of champagne, and sat by the fireplace in the living room. The moment we had waited for all week had finally come: we relaxed and let the warmth of the fire envelop us as we toasted to the start of an amazing weekend.
When we woke up the next day, we pulled the curtains from our room and gasped in wonder as we discovered the view of the Saint-Lawrence River our room offered. We opened the floor to ceiling window and took a breath of fresh air while marveling at the view our room’s balcony offered before going downstairs to make coffee and enjoy it on the terrace.
Ah, the terrace. Easily the most beautiful and enjoyable one we’ve had of all our cottage experiences and the splendid view of the Saint Lawrence River it offered was just one of its assets. The spa, BBQ, a large table with comfortable chairs, parasol along with deck chairs are also found on the terrace, which makes it the ideal place to gather on those warmer days.
For more info on this cottage:
- 5 Rooms, one with patio door and balcony, one with patio door and juliette, one with four single beds, and two other with queen beds. Can host up to 12 people.
- 1 kitchen with kitchen islands 4 seats
- 1 dining room with 12 places
- 1 living room with wooden fireplace (wood provided) / TV 46 inch.
- 1 bathroom with shower
- dressing room with bench
- 3 gorgeous bathrooms (one with shower and whirlpool bath)
- Equipped kitchen (pots & pans, some condiments provided, dishes, utensils, assorted glassware, coffee maker with filters provided, coffee maker Keurig 1 or 4 cups, 2 electric fondue pots )
- Cleaning products supplied for duration of stay
- Toilet paper provided for beginning of stay
- Bedding & towels provided
- Fireplace, wood provided for the beginning of the stay (some logs)
- Fireplace with gas / gas provided
- Washer / Dryer
- 4 Tv (46 inch and 50 inch) cabled
- Internet WiFi
- Blue Ray lector
- Air conditioning
- Christmas decorations
Want to rent this cottage, check out Hébergement Charlevoix‘s website!
And take a look at the cottage in this video tour: