For citizens of the European Union, citizens of Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein and Monaco, the Volontariat International en Entreprise program (a French international internship program), enables young workers between 18 and 28 years old (inclusive) to be employed in a foreign country for 6 months up to two years, in a French company located or seeking to develop abroad.
Conditions required to apply:
- Be aged 18-28 years old.
- Be in compliance with the national service obligations of your country.
- Be in possession of your civil rights and have a clean criminal records.
- Not have been a V.I.E before.
- There are additional requirements for applicants to China and the USA. You can read all about it here.
During your assignment:
- You will earn between € 1,300 and € 3,700 net depending on the country of destination. The allowance is composed of two things: the basic salary, that is fixed regardless of your destination and to which is added the geographic salary that depends on the country of employment.
- The allowance is tax-free in France.
- Your round trip travel costs and luggage transfer expenses are covered.
- You are entitled to social security for yourself and your beneficiaries.
- You accumulate 2,5 days’ leave per month.
- You receive support and assistance during your assignment.
How to apply:
- Sign up here.
- Find a position on the same website and apply, or send unsolicited applications to companies
- When you are selected, UBIFRANCE, MAEDI or DS Trésor assists you in your departure formalities, you must have a medical check-up performed by a doctor accredited by the A.R.S. (regional health agency) in the month prior the departure date.
- When you leave, UBIFRANCE, MAEDI or DS Trésor carries out administrative follow-up of your assignment.
For more information:
- Visit civiweb.com
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call from France 0810 10 18 28
- Call from abroad +33 1 40 73 30 00
Did you find this post helpful? I would really appreciate you taking the time to let me know by rating it below. Thank you so much.